So my grandmother got a Facebook recently and on her profile it says she “Works at Grandmother”
BUT THEN IF YOU CLICK ON THE LINK THIS SHOWS UP
WHAT IS THIS I CAN’T BREATHE
- White People: Despite terms like the n-word and "chink" being rooted in oppression, slavery, genocide, and lynching, I feel like I should be able to say them.
- POC: why would you want to say it anyways?
- White People: ...because I want to sing along to Kanye and Jay-z. Duh. Why would YOU want to use those words anyways? Aren't you just being silly POCs and totally perpetuating your own oppression?
- POCs: We're using them to reclaim the words away from white people using them. Because white people have historically coined those terms to oppress and dehumanize POCs.
- White People: ...you're still racist for not telling me that it's ok and reassuring me that I'm not racist.
- POCs: ....